Arrangements for Repairs & Maintenance – Covid-19 (Coronavirus)
As I am sure you are aware, the Coronavirus outbreak continues to impact on us all, and we wanted to let you know what we’re doing to support our Tenants. Like all businesses, we are having to change the way we work in order to protect the health and wellbeing of our Tenants, Staff and Contractors.
In light of the recent announcement made by the Prime Minister on the 23rd March 2020 we have taken the decision to prioritise Emergency and Health and Safety repairs and to cancel all non-essential repair appointments.
We are now asking that you do not call us unless your repair falls into one of these categories. We need to prioritise emergency and health and safety repairs, and we would ask for your help and co-operation to achieve this.
Below is a list of example items which would fall into the Emergency Repairs and Health and Safety categories:
- Burst pipes or leaks – non-containable burst pipes or leaks inside your home that will cause damage to your property.
- Security – where a property needs to be made secure
- Major structural damage – major structural damage to your home that is an immediate threat to health and safety
- Full loss of all heating and hot water
- Blocked main drains, soil pipe of only toilet in property
- Total failure of electricity supply, provided this is not a supplier fault
- Failure of passenger lift
- Failure of warden alarm call system
- Fire damage
- Unsafe electrical fittings or wiring
- Activation of a fire alarm or Carbon Monoxide detector
- Safety checks to include gas servicing and electrical testing in your home. This is to ensure your health and safety.
We have taken the decision to close our Office to prevent the risk of cross infection and all of our Staff are working remotely. Please be reassured that our staff will continue to answer any calls made to the Office Telephone number – 01254 385845 during the hours of 9am to 5pm.
Further contact details are provided below for reporting Emergency Repairs outside of our normal Office Opening Times, but we would please ask that where possible to let us know as soon as you identify a problem.
Please also refer to your copy of ‘Repairing and Maintaining your Home Booklet’, this includes guidance on who to contact if you have emergencies
We will continue to monitor and review Government Guidance and keep you updated of any changes that may affect the service we provide or that we feel would be helpful to share with you.
Regular updates are being provided by the Government on the following Website and on Television on a daily basis:
Please follow all Government Advice and get I touch if you have any questions about the advice provided and how to keep yourself and others safe.
Operations Manager – Centaur Housing Association
80 Market Street Chorley Lancashire PR7 2SF